To make the RPG mode a lot easier, stay a few hours in Pyrite Town's Duel Square, even though it is drawn as a circle. You can battle all six of the trainers there repeatedly. This makes purifying Shadow Pokemon a lot easier, and getting 99 of any desired items in the Pokemon Marts all over Orre, because they still keep giving you money. Unfortunately, you only receive a little less then the first cash prize that you received. For example, with the loner trainer on the right, Rider Vant, he will give you 300 for your first win, but every single time you defeat him after that it is 290. Although this takes time, their Pokemon are generally easy to defeat because they are at a low level and most of them are normal types. Note: Each of the Shadow Pokemon they used to have are now replaced with a different Pokemon (starting with lone trainer on right and going counter-clockwise. Also, the money amounts are the cash prizes that you win every time you win a battle with that trainer after the first battle.
1. Shuppet (level 30) replaces Misdreavus (level 30) for Rider Vant (290). Also has Zigzagoon (level 28) and Skitty (level 28).
2. Dudou (level 30) replaces Noctowl (level 30) for Rider Nover (270). Also has Ledyba (level 27) and Wingull (level 27).
3. Pichu (level 30) replaces Flaffy (level 30) for St. Performer Diogo (432). Also has Shroomish (level 28).
4. Sunkern (level 30) replaces Skiploom (level 30) for Rider Leba (280). Also has Oddish (level 28) and Dustox (level 28).
5. Horsea (level 30) replaces Quagsire (level 30) for Bandana Guy Divel (480). Also has Psyduck (level 29).
6. Numel (level 30) replaces Slugma (level 30) for Roller Boy Lon (168). Also has Azurill (level 27), Swablu (level 27), and Igglypuff (level 28).
When the meter is only four "hate" bars long, your Pokemon will remember one of its original moves. When the meter is only three "hate" bars long, your Pokemon will start earning experience points, but will not be of any benefit until it is fully purified from hate. When the "hate" bar is only two bars long, it will remember a second move that you can use in battle alongside with Shadow Rush and the first one it remembered. When the meter is only one "hate" bar long, your move list will contain four moves, including Shadow Rush. Once that last "hate" bar disappears, you can finally visit the Relic Stone in the Relic Forest in Agate Village, where any nearly purified Pokemon will be fully purified and lose Shadow Rush, gain all its experience (leveling up each time), and remember its fourth initial move. You can still learn new moves by experience, TMs, and HMs.