I think Im the first person to discover this so yay!
1) Locate The Age Of Pirates 2 directory (usually in C:program files).
2) Open the age of pirates directory and browse to "Age of Pirates 2Programcharacters".
3) Locate the file "characters_init" (make a backup in case you screw it up)
4) Open the file using notepad and locate the line which says " ch.money ="0" " (The default value should be zero)
5) Replace the zero after the "ch.money =" with whatever amount of money you want to start off with when you start a new game.
6) Save the file making sure you made a backup (Note: All Vista Users will have to enable users to edit the file under the files security properties to save it)
7) Play The Game with Loads of money!
You may notice other values of intrest in this file, I have not as of yet been able to affect other changes to the game such as what ship you start off with even though I edited the lign that specifies it.
You may want to experiment and see what works and what doesnt-If anyone finds anything intresting (especially editing ships pls E-mail me at Fgfrog@gmail.com