Affixing your gear is probably the most expensive thing you would do at the Item Lab. In short, you are adding new abilities to your personal gear.
However, there are rules and restrictions when you are performing this:
- You can only add abilities from Weapon to Weapon and Armor to Armor, not Armor to Weapon and vice versa
- The Target Item and the Material Item(s) must have the same amount of abilities to add new abilities
- Adding another ability on the Extra Slot will result a penalty by reducing Success Rates of the selected abilities you wish to add
- You can use items, such as Ability Add 10% to increase success rates of your selected abilities
If you want a weapon that has something like Vol Soul+Power III, please read on.
- First, choose your desired weapon (or units).
- You will need the money to begin affixing your weapon (or units). Doing Time Attack orders from Klotho will get you fast money if you do them. If you're a trader of sorts, you can easily earn money that way as well. (Do note, selling your wares in Player Shops require you to be premium or be lucky to get a 3 Day My Shop Pass.)
- Go buy Arm I and Body I on a 1-Slotted Weapon (or Units). You will need them to make affixing experience much easier.
- We'll use Lambda Aristin as an experimental gear to affix on. It has no abilities at this point.
- Add Arm I to Lambda Aristin and pray for its success. If it succeeds, then add Body I next and pray both to be on.
- Go buy two 2-Slotted Weapons with Vol Soul and add Vol Soul to Lambda Aristin. You should have Vol Soul+Arm I at this point. Leave it as is and buy multiple 2-slotted Weapons with Power III and Vol Souls.
- Don't affix Lambda Aristin just yet. Affix the said weapon with Power III with Vol Soul. You should have Vol Soul+Power. Do this again one more time and you should have them both as excellent material items. If you fail at this point, keep trying until you get it.
- Finally, add the two material items to Lambda Aristin and you should get both Vol Soul and Power III with 80% success rate. If you have a Ability Add Success 10% or 20%, then use it to make sure you don't get a possible failure.
And viola! You got a Lambda Aristin with Vol Soul+Power III! You may have lost a ton of money on it, but it's worth the experience. If you need a visual guide on how to add abilities with even more success rate, this contribution will be updated with images in the future.