* Susie Mack's Test results sometimes skips completely and she walks out of the room (also on PC).
* When you have two followers, a follower (Jericho, Clover, Fawkes, Charon or Cross) and Dogmeat, there is sometimes a problem when entering a building that results in them not following you in. 99% of the time, this will cause the game to freeze or crash when you try to exit. It should be noted that the game will autosave when you exit, therefore there is the possibility of corrupting your data if you turn the PS3 off. The only solution to this problem is to reload a previous save before exiting the area. The only prevention is to keep Dogmeat at home, as it only seems to freeze when Dogmeat accompanies another follower. You can also turn the autosave function off so it won't corrupt your data if this bug occurs.
* When at the birthday party, your father will ramble on, and when the Overseer is supposed to give you the Pip-Boy 3000, the game will not crash but everyone will just stand there and you will remain in the fixed position. This cannot be solved by reloading; instead, turn off the system properly and wipe the disc.
* Watch out if people stop using voices. This will cause the dialogue text to skip by very quickly, and the player will miss out on whatever was being said. A possible solution to this is to simply restart the PS3.
* In the Birthday scene, Officer Gomez's left eye may stretch over the entire viewable screen and follow his head and eye movements.
* While in third person mode, if you back up into a wall (forcing the camera to zoom in and your character to become invisible), it will glitch if you walk out of it slowly and your body will become invisible (except for your head and your weapon). Reversible by switching in and out of third person and first person mode.
* Random objects blocking both PC and NPCs. If outside, fast-travel; if unable to fast-travel, load a previous save.
* PipBoy moves up a little in the screen each time you view it. Repeatedly viewing and hiding PipBoy will eventually render the whole PipBoy screen invisible. Keep opening and closing eventually will reset to normal.
* When shopping at Lydia Montenegro's at Tenpenny Tower, the merchant window lags; exiting results in pinwheeling or complete blackout. Restarting the game and reloading the autosave from entry into Tenpenny Tower usually fixes this.
* Sometimes saving (or autosaving) while in motion or firing your weapon may make the player unable to fire a weapon or reload it after loading the save. The gun will begin to fire randomly and it persists no matter what weapon used and the same thing happens when unarmed or with a melee weapon. V.A.T.S. becomes inoperable, it will enter slow mode but the weapon will never fire. The only way to fix this is to reload a previous save or to prevent it from happening by never saving while in motion or firing/fighting/jumping etc.
* If the game is started with the controller set to Controller 2, 3, or 4, the game will still be playable, but L2 and R2 will fail to function. This makes it impossible to enter V.A.T.S. or switch views. Restarting the game after reconfiguring the controller will fix this problem. Also, holding the PS button, turning off the controller, and turning it back on seems to help.
* V.A.T.S. will freeze before showing percentages.
* Time slows down during V.A.T.S., but your opponents can still attack you in between shots. Assume there are two Fire Ants on screen; one close, and one far. If you target the close one, he may have a chance to respond, which freezes up V.A.T.S. while he breathes fire. Afterward, you take your last few shots in V.A.T.S., and the game returns to normal. However, in the off chance the far away Fire Ant gets an attack opportunity, the game freezes until that distant ant crawls (very very slowly) up to you and breathes fire. This has happened twice.
* When switching in between enemies body parts will not highlight. Switch back to last enemy and wait for the parts to highlight, then continue.
* When you are about to kill an enemy (when the screen turns black & white), and the enemy moves behind an object, the game will occasionally stay in V.A.T.S.. The only way out is to reload the game.
(Note that most of this has never happened to the majority of PS3 users).