Table of contents
Gran Turismo 5 Cheats :
Code - Exploiting Your Birthday
You'll need an online PSN connection for this exploit. Create a NEW account and sign into the PlayStation Network. When you set up your account, set up your birth date for the current calendar date. You will be awarded a car on the MM/DD of your "birthday," and the year actually determines what sort of car you will get (so set it to whatever year you want a random car from). Enter GT Mode to receive your online B-day reward/coupon for your free car. Give the free car to your actual account as a gift. You can repeat this endlessly for free cars!
Secret - How to turn easily
Unlockable - 007 Cameo
Unlockable - The Most Realistic ... Die-Cast Models?
Secret - Win a Very Fast Toyota Minolta 88-CV Easily
At level 21, you unlock a race called "Like the Wind" in the expert hall. You most likely do not have a vehicle that will be able to keep up with the LeMans cars you are pitted against. However, golds in both of these races will earn you a Toyota Minolta 88-CV, which will be useful in many races to come. It's a very tricky event, so your car setup and driving technique are crucial. Follow these steps to take the gold and guarantee your first purebred race car.
1. Buy a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 '09. This car has the upgrades available that you will need.
2. After step one, you will need around $500,000 to upgrade this vehicle.
3. Go to GT Auto, and buy the Racing Modification for the car. (It should be at the very end of the menu.)
4. Now that your Corvette is light and ready for the tracks, you will need power to keep up with those LM Cars.
5. In the tuning shop, buy every high end modification you can, including the supercharger. Be sure to get every bit of HP possible into your Vette.
Now, it's Race Day! Follow the next steps to ensuring gold.
1. You will need to fine-tune the setup. Go to car settings (the wrench icon) and tune your transmission to a top speed of 242. Set the car's downforce (Body and Aero) to the highest possible number on the front and back.
2. The second race on Indy is the toughest, so get that out of the way first: You will need to slipstream to stay up with the others. At the corners, cut inside to overtake your opponents. After a lap or two, you should be pretty close to first, if you haven't reached it. This is the hard part: you will have to block the fast LM cars from taking your spot, so looking backwards in third person is the best way to drive on the straights.
3. After you finally win this one, complete the other. There isn't much to say, but don't slam cars too hard, for your downforce is high and easy to upset. When you pull ahead, you will probably gain a large lead.
Enjoy your new Toyota Minolta 88-CV!
Secret - Cars With Racing Mods
The 17 cars (out of about 1000) which have race/racing mods available.
Secret - Extra Horsepower
Secret - Easy Money, Easy Experience
You need to buy a Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) ,09 then go straight to GT Auto and change the oil.( It increases it's BHP ) After the oil has been changed go to Race Modification in GT Auto and Race Modify it. Once Race Modified go to the Parts Shop and buy everything you can. Now you need to have unlocked the American Championship in Extreme Series, if you have then go there and go on the Indianapolis track and race. You get about 80,000 credits in under 5 minutes which works out to be 960,000 in under an hour. And you get good experience.
Secret - Historic Racing Car Cup (B-spec) Côte d'Azur
Unless you have a Chaparral 2J Race Car,70 then never mind but if you don't then listen up. You may or may not of tried to do this event but if you have then you may of noticed that the Chaparral 2J Race Car blitzes everyone up as it is fast in corners and straights. If you have a Toyota 7 Race Car (Get it from Like The Wind B-spec) like i did you will need to fine tune it. I will give you some simple steps to follow:
1) Buy everything at the Parts Shop except from the Turbo Stage 3. (So your driver doesn't spin off exiting a corner).
2) Go to your car settings and equip it with Racing Medium Tires.
3) Change your settings to these: Aerodynamics- Default
Top Speed- 168mph (270kph)
Initial Torque- 30 (Rear)
Acceleration Sensitivity- 55 (Rear)
Braking Sensitivity- 35 (Rear)
Ride Height- -15 (Front) -10 (Rear)
Spring Rate- 14.0 (Front) 16.5 (Rear)
Anti Roll Bars- Both 3
Wheel Alignment- Default
Brake Balance- Both 7
4) Now your car is finely tuned you still cant win unless the Chaparral 2J Race Car is in 8th or 9th in Grid Position.
5) Once (if) you take the lead then decrease the pace a little or you may spin and lose.
6) Enjoy your new Alfa Romeo GIULLIA TZ2 carrozatta de ZAGATO CN. AR750106
PS. These settings are for the Toyota 7 Race Car, it may or may not work on other cars.
Unlockable - Unlockable Tickets
Complete the following to unlock tickets redeemable in Gran Turismo 5 for a random car in that ticket's class. Tickets are sent to "Car Delivery" from the GT Life main menu.
Code - Hidden Trophies
Here are some secret Trophies in Gran Turismo 5.
Endurance: Complete the Endurance series of Race event
Red Bull X1 Challenge: Complete Red Bull X1 Challenge special event
Watch Falling Objects: Intentionally make a part of your car fall off while driving. This is done alot easier with the rally cars where the doors come of alot easier.
Rollover: Rollover a car by flipping a car totally. Done by driving on trial mountain and hitting the S curve before the starts finish line in a fast car
Honda: Take a picture of Honda at Honda head office in Tokyo on R246 track. Take a photo of any honda car driving past the building on your left hand side at the end of the pit exit.
Picture Exclusive: Take a picture of someone special as he stands in Kyoto's Gion district. There is a guy standing on the left on the bridge zoom onto his face and use Auto Focus,when he turns and looks at you take a pic and you will recieve this trophy.
Portraitist: Take a picture of a solitary lady. This is on the second photo location. There is a lady sitting on a bench with a cellphone zoom onto her face use auto focus and when you have a clear shot take the picture and you recive this trophy.
Grand Finale: Reach the long version of the ending movie
Secret - Time-Saving Gear Shift (Automatic)
Secret - Higher Level Grinding
If you are looking for experience at the expense of some grinding for high endurance levels, race your Formula GT car (assuming you have one) in the Indianapolis race of the Dream Car Championship, it takes under 7 minutes and you get 9819 xp points and 108000 credits which works out to be 78552 xp points and 864000 credits in about one hour of real time.
Code - Rollover
For this Trophy you need to "Flip a car and total it." This can be achieved by taking the final chicane on the Trial Mountain circuit almost flat-out in a McLaren F1. Use A LOT of the inside and outside curbs. You probably need to do this twice in one race to get the Trophy.
Glitch - Birthday Glitch
All you have to do in this glitch is: 1. Create a new account on your PS3. 2. Sign up for PlaystationNetwork. 3. (Important) On setting up the day you were born, you have to put the EXACT MM/DD. 4. The year would be the car that you want. For example you want a Mercedez Benz Sauber C9 '89. The year you would put the account that you created is 1989. *Beware that you won't always get the car that you want. 5. After creating the account, continue on GT mode and it shall give you a coupon according to that year. 6. It will give you a random car according to the year that you posted as your birthday. 7. Then, you can give it as a gift to your original account. **It is up to you what you do with the car. Sell it, drive it, tune it. Whatever.
Unlockable - Unlockable Cars
Complete these specific events to unlock the following cars. S for Standard cars, P for Premium cars.
Unlockable - Special Event Reward Cars
Complete the following Special Events to unlock the cars below.
Unlockable - Unlockable Events
You will unlock new racing events by reaching certain levels in the game.
Unlockable - License Reward Cars
Attain the following license levels to unlock the cars below.
Unlockable - B-Spec Reward Cars
Perform the following actions to unlock additional cars.
Unlockable - A-Spec Reward Cars
Perform the following actions to unlock additional cars.