A glitch in the game will allow you to make either Laya or Kara always act first in battle and be immune to physical attacks, as well as moderately improve the speed and defense of the rest of the party.The glitch is activated in Skyhaven, when changing the Legendary weapons into Nei weapons.1. Decide who you want to always act first and be immune to physical attacks - Laya or Kara.
2. Remove all items from that person.
3. Make sure everyone else has their appropriate Legendary weapon equipped (Orakio Sword, Miun Claw, Siren Shot, Laya Bow, Lune Slicer).
4. Speak to the second from the left old man, who says "Nei is the word of ultimate power".
5. Check your status screens. For the person who had no equipment, attack and defense should be in the 64,000 range, and speed in the 220 range. For the others, the attack, defense, and speed bonuses of the Legendary weapon they had equipped will be permenantly added to their base stats. (Unfortunately, none of the increases to the attack statistic have effect on damage dealt in battle). The only way the person with 64,000 defense will be hurt is from a Gnasher (who will do a whopping 4 damage) or from techniques (which are unaffected). She will always act first.There are 3 side effects which may appear alarming but are in fact harmless. 1. Colours will be unusual - this will be corrected once you check your menu and leave Skyhaven
2. Last person in line will be shifted out of place - this will be corrected once you leave Skyhaven, and the out-of-line person will not prevent you from moving
3. Characters will be renamed - this is permanent but harmless.